Here at Shaynormal we shall be highlighting all you need to know about Bola Ahmed Tinubu from his biography, age, educational background, family, net worth and more.
Biography and Early Life
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu popularly refers to as 'Jagaban' started his early life as an Accountant and an erudite politician.
He was born in the month of March 29, 1952. He attended St. John's Primary School Aroloya, Lagos and Children Home School in Ibadan Nigeria before he travelled to the United States in 1975, where he had his secondary education at Richard J. Daley College Chicago, Illinois. He gained admission into Chicago State University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting in 1979.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu has an illustrious time in the corporate world before he eventually pitched his tent in politics. He worked with Arthur Andersen, Deloitte, Haskins & Sells and GTE Services Corporation in the United State of America. He returned to Lagos, Nigeria in 1983 and worked with Mobil Oil Nigeria.
His political career started in 1992, on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (where he was a member of the faction of the Peoples Front led by Shehu Musa Yar'Adua). He was elected to the Nigerian Senate, representing the Lagos West constituency.
After the results of the June 12 1993 presidential elections was annulled, Tinubu became a founding member of the National Democratic Coalition, a group that mobilises support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the results
of June 12.
He went into exile in 1994 and returned to the country in 1998 after the death General Sanni Abacha, which ushered in a new transition of civil rule.
In the 1999 elections, Bola Tinubu was a protege of Alliance for Democracy AD. He won the AD primaries for the Lagos State gubernatorial elections in competition with Funsho Williams and Wahab Dosunmu.
In January 1999, he stood for the position of Executive Governor of Lagos State which he won on the platform of AD. When he assumed office in May 1999, Bola Tinubu promised 10,000 housing units for the poor. During his eight(8) year period in office, he made large investments in education, initiated new road construction to meet the need of the ever growing teeming population in Lagos State.
Tinubu, alongside a new deputy governor, Femi Pedro, won re-election to office as governor in April 2003. He was involved in a struggle with the Federal government over whether Lagos had the right to create new Local Council Development Areas, (LCDAs) to meet the needs of its large population. The controversy lead to the federal government seizing funds meant for local councils in the State.
During the later part of his term in office, he was engaged in continuous clashes with PDP powers such as Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Lagos State senator who has became minister of
of works and Bode George, the Southwest chairman of the PDP.
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is believe to be the richest politician in Nigera today for the records. According to constative.com, the endless list both in properties owned and cash of the chieftain of APC and former Governor of Lagos State include:
- His residence at Bourdillon Ikoyi is estimated at N1.5billion.
- Acquisition of sophisticated private jet worth $60million.
- A multi-level recreation centre by Mobil in Oniru Estate on Lekki-Epe Expressway valued at N25billion.
- Oando Oil managed by his younger brother generating revenue of about N450billion
- TVC radio Continental owned by Bola Ahmed as part of his media investments valued at N2.6billion.
- Ogudu foreshore scheme calued at N5billion.
- The fishery landing jetty at Badore estimated at N500million.
- 3.8 hectare of land at the Lagos State Fisheries Office in Victoria Island valued at N3billion
- Oriental hotel at Lekki-Epe road valued at N120billion.
- G-wagon valued at N600million built with bullet proof and bomb detector apparatus.
- 250 hectares of land re-valued at 200billion at Ajah junction on Lekki road
- With shares and interest in hundreds of other businesses, Bola Ahmed Tinubu net worth is estimated at about N10trillion.